It all started with L.L. Barkat. (It always does.)
She wrote a post at Makes You Mom called “How to Make a Self-Care Plan (and lure butterflies).” Then Laura Lynn Brown responded. Now it’s officially a thing. For 12 Fridays this summer, beginning May 22, I’m going to join this summer blogging project, talking about self-care.
Here are the topics from Laura’s post, and the book from which they sprang, How Did I Get So Busy? The 28-Day Plan to Free Your Time, Reclaim Your Schedule, and Reconnect with What Matters Most. I have not read the book.
1. Assess your situation (May 22)
2. Hurrying up is slowing you down (May 29)
3. Make a heart-to-heart connection daily (June 5)
4. Work to live, don’t live to work (June 12)
5. Have fun at least once a week (June 19)
6. Eat good food, preferably sitting down (June 26)
7. Get good exercise, preferably standing up (July 3)
8. Address your adrenaline addiction (July 10)
9. Create deliberate daily rituals (July 17)
10. Allow space for what you want (July 24)
11. Stop striving, start trusting (July 31)
Why am I participating? Simply because reading the list made me start writing. And, as often happens, I went in a different direction.
I don’t have a lot to say about busyness. I have a lot to say about self-care.
Join me? I’d love to hear what others of you have to say.